Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose has constituted a Judicial Commission of Enquiry to look into the financial transactions of Ekiti State between 2010 and 2014, under the administration of Dr John Kayode Fayemi.
Secretary to the State Government, Dr Mrs Modupe Alade, in a statement on Monday said Mr Fayose was acting pursuant to Section 2 of the Ekiti State Commission of Enquiry Law Cap C10 Laws of Ekiti State 2012.
A resolution passed by the Ekiti State House of Assembly on the10th of May, 2017, the house had urged Fayose to look into the financial transactions of Ekiti State under Fayemi’s administration.
Members of the panel are as follows:
1. Honourable Justice Silas Bamidele Oyewole (Rtd) – Chairman
2. Gbemiga Adaramola (State DPP/Chairman, NBA Ado-Ekiti) – Secretary
3. Barrister (Mrs) Bolawale Awe – Member
4. Chief Magistrate Idowu Ayenimo - Member
5. Mr Omodara O. Vincent (Office of the Accountant General) – Member
6. Mr Oladele Blessing (Representative of Labour Union) – Member
7 Mrs Adesoba Oluremi (Estate Valuer/Architect) – Member
8 Mr S.B.J Bamise of the Ministry of Justice (to act as counsel to the Commission)
The terms of reference of the commission are as follows:
1. To ascertain how much Ekiti State Government received as statutory allocations during the period under review and how same were disbursed.
2. To look into the financial transactions of Ekiti State between 2010 and 2014.
3. To ascertain the amount received on behalf of the state from the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC).
4. To investigate the allegation of fraud/loss of funds, including the diversion and conversion of the State Universal Basic Education Board Fund.
5. To ascertain the amount the Ekiti State Government took as loans during the period under review and how they were utilised and all other issues relating to the finances of the Ekiti State Government within the period under review and;
6. To make appropriate recommendations to the Ekiti State Government.
The Judicial Commission of Enquiry has three (3) months to submit its report to the Governor.
The inauguration of the Commission shall take place at the EXCO Chambers, Office of the Governor, on Monday, 22nd of May, 2017 at 9am.
SOURCE :African Spotlight