BEVERLY HILLS, March 22, (THEWILL) – German authorities have said that two men born in the country but suspected of planning terror attack will be deported to the counties of their parents.
The men, a 27-year-old Algerian and a 22-year-old Nigerian, were arrested last month on suspicion of planning a terror attack as a gun and a flag of the Islamic State were found at their homes during police raids in the central city of Gottingen.
BBC reports that Lower Saxony Interior Minister, Boris Pistorius, said the deportations, the first of its kind in Germany, would take place as soon as possible, and certainly before mid-April.
He said discussions were already under way with Algeria and Nigeria to facilitate this, and the two men would be subject to a “life-long re-entry ban”, preventing their return to Germany.
The criminal proceedings were dropped because police never established whether the suspects had planned to carry out an attack and the men have never been charged.
It was not immediately clear if the two men would appeal against the decision but Police insist that the two men are dangerous.
Source: The Nigerian Voice