The arraignment of six persons for their alleged roles in the May 8 clash in Ile Ife was on Wednesday stalled for the second time this week.
The arraignment of the suspects had earlier been stalled on Monday as the judge before who they were to be arraigned reportedly did not give her consent to hearing the case.
The counsel to the defendants said the arraignment was stalled again on Wednesday due to procedural error by the prosecution.
He said the accused had yet to be served notice of the offence they were being charged with, describing it as a delay tactic to deny them of swift justice.
The lawyers said, “What happened is the problem of the prosecution and not our problem because here there is procedural way of doing things; you must follow the procedure, but they have not followed due process.”
The prosecuting counsel, Samuel Lough, however, said all the necessary arrangements have been made for the arraignment of the suspects.
“The court said they will give us a new date, so we are waiting for the court to do so,” he said.
Source: Channels Tv