The United States Government last Week, without prior information or notice, launched a New Immigration Policy called “Build America” It is a new merit base visa application system that seeks to increase the standard of scrutiny of visa application to prevent people of questionable reputation, economic immigrants and People without travel history from getting US visa.
Under this new rules, key changes have already been implemented without notice, as follows :
1. End of Drop box (automatic visa renewal without interview for existing visa holders is cancelled. Existing visa owners will now apply and be interviewed like everyone else when their visa expires )
2. Green Card to be scrapped
3. Applicants for B1 or B2 visas without adequate travel experience will now be automatically denied.
4. Applicant with monthly income below $1700 will now be considered as economic immigrants and denied.
5. Strong ties & attachments (compelling proofs of what can bring you back )to Nigeria now to be strongly emphasized.
If look at the attached picture, you will see No AOS stamped on the passport. AOS means Adjustment of Status.
Overstaying your valid stay invalidates your Visa immediately. This failure to maintain status could lead to future bars to entry to the USA or to you being removed from the USA. Violating the terms and conditions of your status also makes you ineligible for a Change of Status. You cannot change to marriage/school/work/health/asylum/etc.
Again, on the same passport you will see No.EOS. EOS means Extention of Stay.
If you are visiting the U.S. and find that you want to extend your stay beyond the date on your I-94, you CANNOT FILE ANYTHING AGAIN.
You cannot file Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status with USCIS.
What they are doing to people now in America is that they stamp your passport and write this shown below. Someone who landed in Atlanta and they stamped her passport No AOS, which means No Adjustment Of Status. The next one, No EOS means No Extension Of Status. So no longer extending your 6months stay or adjustment of status or getting married while you are there. Everyone has to be careful this people are not joking.
Trump isn’t smiling.This is very serious. Going to America now is not going to be easy anymore.
SOURCE :The Nigerian Voice (local news)